[thechat] rebel without a clause

Madhu Menon webguru at vsnl.net
Tue Oct 29 23:27:01 CST 2002

At 10:35 AM 30-10-02, Paul Cowan wrote:
>Crappy old 14" monitor... $30
>
>Crappy old cirrus logic 5446 video card... $5

Not in these parts. ;)

Actually, I've been using a 17 incher for the last 3.5 years and probably
wouldn't be able to adjust to anything lower. 17" monitors sell for about
US$200-250 here. :(

>The looks on your colleague's faces as you start windows on a multi-monitor
>setup for the first time... priceless.

Work from home... no colleagues. :p
And then I need a bigger desk to hold the two monitors... darn, I need to
add a DVD player too... and perhaps a scanner... and a fast hard disk...
and a BMW... and a... (thwack!) MadMan slaps himself to stop daydreaming.