[thechat] rebel without a clause

Martin Paul Burns martin.burns at uk.ibm.com
Wed Oct 30 04:11:01 CST 2002

> From: "Tony Crockford"
>> Don't get me wrong, I'm along for the ride, I like the notion of
>> accessibility but where is it all heading?

the way of everything else?  you know, where we have to put
instructions on toothpicks and warning labels on peanut packages
(stating that it may contain nuts)...

>business on the web is at the behest of the same stuff as in
>the real world... like mirrored plastic circles on glass doors
>because some yutz ran full-speed through one years ago because
>he was too dim to notice the door frame or the bar on the door...

>it's just business... the fun stuff is still there, you just have to look
>harder...

And besides, isn't the essence of creative design based on having to think
of ways round constraints? Think of a print designer working within the
restrictions of 2 colours and ink on paper of a given size and weight...

Cheers
Martin