[thechat] rebel without a clause

William Anderson neuro at well.com
Wed Oct 30 07:36:00 CST 2002

Madhu Menon wrote:
> [snip]
>
> Related visiting: http://www.stellaawards.com/
>
> <quote>
>
> The Stella Awards were inspired by Stella Liebeck. In 1992, Stella, then
> 79, spilled a cup of McDonald's coffee onto her lap, burning herself. A
> New Mexico jury awarded her $2.9 million in damages. Ever since, the name
> "Stella Award" has been applied to any wild, outrageous, or ridiculous
> lawsuits -- including bogus cases! We search for true cases, and you can
> subscribe by e-mail for free to get the case reports as they're issued.
>
> </quote>

In this house, it's called fuckwittedness.

This case and the recent "oh my god, we didn't know how and when to stop
eating junk food" suit against McD's, KFC, etc is just endemic of the
ultra-litigious attitude at work in the western world, and I can't stand it.

"Oh no, it was my fault!  Quick, blame someone else!"  Saps.

--
_ __/|   ___  ___ __ _________ "When Microsoft Office is your only hammer,
\`O_o'  / _ \/ -_) // / __/ _ \ pretty much everything begins to look like