[thechat] Top Ten Digital Photography Tips

javier velasco lists at mantruc.com
Wed Oct 30 07:37:00 CST 2002

Martin Paul Burns wrote:

> Madhu wrote:
>
> >http://www.macdevcenter.com/pub/a/mac/2002/10/22/digi_photo_tips.html
>
> Good stuff.

i found them weak, i actually liked the 'before' images better that the
'after' ones, the got the colors TOO saturated and the image less sharp
- maybe his sunglasses were dirty.

tripod and timer is good advice though, but he didn't mention how to
take advantage of these same tricks on dark rusk or dawn shots.

slow water is good stuff too, i love that kind of image, but if you use
it too much they become cheesy.

the most important pint they miss is composition and use of light.
http://www.photo.net/learn/

btw: last night i prepared a nice looking meal, and tried to shoot it,
but it was already dark. the flash killed the image by making it look
flat and unappealing. i tried bouncing it to the roof as we discussed
here, but it didn't work, not even with tin foil. maybe my flash is too
weak.