[thechat] More stupid lawsuits

Madhu Menon webguru at vsnl.net
Fri Nov 1 14:31:00 CST 2002

http://www.masslive.com/news/index.ssf?/news/stories/101602ring.html/

 From the "my religion forbids me from working on weekdays" department:

<quote>

To Costco, an employee's eyebrow ring was a violation of the corporation's
dress code. To the worker, it was a symbol of her religious belief.

Last year Costco Wholesale Corp. fired Kimberly M. Cloutier of West
Springfield for refusing to remove the ring. She filed a $2 million suit
against the corporation.

Cloutier, 27, belongs to the Church of Body Modification, and maintains
that her piercings, which include several earrings in each ear and a
recently acquired lip ring, are worn as a sign of faith and help to unite
her mind, body and soul. "It's not just an aesthetic thing," Cloutier said.
"It's your body; you're taking control of it."

</quote>

Oh, this *is* worth reading, ladies and gentlemen.

Madhu

Madhu Menon
Internet User Experience Consultant

Content * Interfaces * Usability * Net Strategy