[thechat] the driest spot in the world

Luther, Ron Ron.Luther at hp.com
Mon Nov 4 14:22:01 CST 2002

Hi Iris,

Having lived further up north than I currently do ...
I don't think this is correct.  The outside temperature
is often below zero when it's snowing - sometimes quite
a bit below zero.   ;-)

Here is a chart of 'fallen' snow temperatures showing snow on
the ground with temperatures below 0 degrees c:
http://www.met.utah.edu/olympics/snowtemp/ir_020125_a_bi.gif

Here's a weather forecast for the Eastern Arctic for today showing some chance of snow and below zero temperatures:
http://weatheroffice.ec.gc.ca/forecast/textforecast_e.html?Bulletin=fpcn14.cwnt

Maybe you meant that if the temperature is below freezing it's too
cold to rain?

RonL.
(Who's been in snow at -30 celsius and colder - without the 'wind
chill' factor.)