[thechat] US Elections

Erika Meyer emeyer at lclark.edu
Wed Nov 6 15:32:00 CST 2002

Adrian wrote:

>  > From: "Ron White" <ronwhite at members.evolt.org>
>  >
>>  I'd like to apologize to the rest of the world for the danger that is
>>  about to flow from the US now that the Republinazis have complete
>
>are you really sure you want to make that comparison?  a

<snip>

>so, now that you've made these assertions, what do you have to
>back them up?

You know it's funny for some reason I always thought Ron was a
republican.  Maybe just a libertarian like the rest  of evolt?

Let's take a peek at Bush's approach to Native Americans.  Bush
administration's kissing up to corporate farmers severely damaged my
daughter's tribal fishery this year, costing all down-river
communities millions (since money is what is sacred in the USA it has
to cost a lot to be important).
http://www.seastorm.com/salmon/  (latest articles not linked yet.)
They counted 33,000 dead salmon; from what I saw I think there were more.

There are a few lawsuits out about it; one fed is filing for
whistle-blower protection, saying the water-flows were based on
politics not science.  The Tribe has declared a state of emergency.
Salmon to the Yurok is like the Buffalo to the Lakota, not just food
it is nearly everything.  I will say this and argue it with official
definitions and personal knowledge: to deliberately or carelessly
destroy a tribal fishery is an act of genocide.

Other things the Bush administration has done include yanking federal
recognition from at least two tribes (one being the Chinook here in
Portland who helped Lewis & Clark, the other being a Seattle-area
tribe), and working hard to avoid accountability in the Cobell vs.
Norton case.
http://www.indiantrust.com/

Meanwhile, the Prez just declared November to be "Native American
Month."  Aww... isn't that just special?  What a guy.

This is just a little example of how the man smiles while his people
are working behind the scenes to rob and destroy.

There is more....