[thechat] US Elections

Erika Meyer erika at seastorm.com
Wed Nov 6 16:31:01 CST 2002

Bush vs. Hitler

I first saw a Bush/Hitler similarity with Bush I's call for a "New
World Order."  Maybe it was that all that Doctor Demento Show I used
to listen to and this song echoing thru my head:

"We bring the world new order,
Heil Hitler's world new order.
Everyone of foreign race,
Will love the Führer's face,
When we bring to the world dis-order"

(Spike Jones "Der Fueher's Face"
Release: January 1, 1943)

I still can't figure out why Bush Sr. would come up with a phrase
that close to a Hitler-ism.

There is Hitler/Bush stuff all over the web:
http://falloutshelternews.com/BushHitlerLinks.html
as you can see, whole essays have been written on the topic.
I find the Nazi money links to be particularly interesting.

Moving on from Hitler, let's look at another genocidal policy.   The
idea was called 'Manifest Destiny'  and was used as an excuse to
commit acts of genocide against American Indians over a long period
of time, but accelerated during the westward expansion era.  It was
done in order to steal their land. The idea was that Euro-Americans
were "destined" to take over the whole north American continent.  It
was like a mandate from God.  How can you go wrong?

Kind of like our current mandate to be judge jury and executioner...
oops I mean to "help" the world because of our superior millitary and
oh, yeah, our high moral standards and because we know best what's
good for the whole entire world.

Bush's recent National Security proposal takes on language and
attitude strikingly similar to the Doctrine of Manifest Destiny.

I'm not the only one who has noticed:

http://www.scoop.co.nz/archive/scoop/stories/cc/85/200210071737.4e0cf342.html

More about Manifest Destiny:
http://odur.let.rug.nl/~usa/E/manifest/manif1.htm