[thechat] US Elections

Erika Meyer emeyer at lclark.edu
Wed Nov 6 16:57:00 CST 2002

>Erika wrote:
>

>>  You know it's funny for some reason I always thought Ron was a
>  > republican.  Maybe just a libertarian like the rest  of evolt?
>
>Ouch! Speak for yourself... libertarian politics, in general, scare the crap
>out of me.

there are lots of libertarian-thinking people on Evolt, so get used
to them.  They bite, but only with ascii.  Scary politics, yes, but I
like Evolt libertarians better than republicans because they tend to
be creative thinkers.  Terribly, wrong, but creative.  Can be fun to
debate.

I never have voted for a republican or a libertarian.  Mostly all
democrats this election.   I am registered Green.  Like libertarians,
Greens can be creative thinkers and don't necessarily fall into
lockstep.   I would like to see the democrats start growing backbones.

Speaking of Nazis, a republican friend of mine compared Greens to
Nazis because he said they were both "worldwide" parties.  And oh
yeah, didn't they both start in Germany?

Erika