[thechat] US Elections

abbey abbey at abbeyink.com
Wed Nov 6 17:15:00 CST 2002

On Wednesday 06 November 2002 01:54 pm, you wrote:
> Isn't the result telling us something about the general opinion of American
> people about aggression against Iraq?

Naw, we're all about the cash in our wallets. The result most likely has more
to do with the stock market than Iraq. Sorry Syed, it's not all about Iraq or
Muslims -- it's all about the dollar.

I heard a news report this morning that Wall Street reacted at the
opening bell -- concentrated power gives the moneychangers a better chance at
lower interest rates so stock prices were up already -- I just checked --
yup, they're still up.

hmm, interesting -- a Republican majority hard on the heels of the Enron
collapse and more -- oh, yeah, that makes sense to me --

}8-{