[thechat] US Elections. Today I am pissed.

Joe Crawford joe at artlung.com
Thu Nov 7 09:34:00 CST 2002

On Thu, 7 Nov 2002, Syed Zeeshan Haider wrote:
> > I think the nation is
> > asleep -- and islamic terrorism,
>
> When the accused of terrorism is a Muslim it IS called Islamic-terrorism
> and if the accused is a Jew, it is NOT Jewish-terrorism; if the accused
> is a Christian, it is NOT Christian-terrorism; if the accused is Hindu,
> it is NOT Hindu terrorism. Strange!!!

When an abortion group bombs a clinic or kills a doctor here in the US I
have no problem calling that Christian Terrorism.

Jewish Terrorism is not something I think of, though the crackdowns by the
Isreali Government are certainly brutal and capricious.

There are plenty of assholes in the world, I think.

I don't idly choose to call something Islamic Terrorism. For example, I
don't think of the Intifada as Islamic Terrorism.

> Mind it that we, Muslims, are the victims of same so-called Muslim
> terrorists who have victimized non-Muslims around the globe.

Yep. It's a shit sandwich and we're all gonna have to take a bite.

> By the way, I have been a supporter of USA's war against terror and I
> have described the reasons in my earlier posts. However, if USA attacks
> Iraq, Iran or any other Muslim country in the name of war against
> terror, I would like to call it "War Against Islam".

Words matter to you a great deal I see.

You may say whatever you like. I for one am opposed to attacking Iraq. If
you choose to use rhetoric which will inflame your passions and disengage
your brain, so be it. I don't see my use of the term "islamic terrorism"
as inflammatory. But I'm certain that based on other things you have
written that I don't understand your point of view, so perhaps I'm
misunderstanding here as well.

I wish there were a simpler way to bridge our differences, but if you
choose to think of me as a stupid American, I suppose I don't have much
recourse.

Joe
--
Joe Crawford, web journeyman.  San Diego Calif. USA http://artlung.com/