[thechat] US Elections. Today I am pissed.

Syed Zeeshan Haider szh at softhome.net
Thu Nov 7 14:08:03 CST 2002

From: "Joe Crawford"
To: <thechat at lists.evolt.org>
Sent: November 07, 2002, Thursday 8:33 PM
Subject: Re: [thechat] US Elections. Today I am pissed.

> > By the way, I have been a supporter of USA's war against terror and I
> > have described the reasons in my earlier posts. However, if USA attacks
> > Iraq, Iran or any other Muslim country in the name of war against
> > terror, I would like to call it "War Against Islam".
>
> Words matter to you a great deal I see.

I think words matter a lot in human life, specially in politics. Treaties and
agreements are prepared with extreme care and the choice of words decides their
importance and mood.
When a politician or any political leader gives a statement, media and people
operate a lot over that statement to get vast meanings out of it according to
the choice of words.
At the start of War Against Terror, in an address President George Walker Bush
used a word "Crusade" for the war. This word mutilated the overall image of
USA's of war against terror and the media of Muslim countries said that Bush had
mistakenly uttered the actual meanings of "War Against Terror". Now when USA
government urges on attack on Iraq, media reminds people the word "Crusade" and
consider this up coming attack, the War Against Islam.

> But I'm certain that based on other things you have
> written that I don't understand your point of view, so perhaps I'm
> misunderstanding here as well.

Which written things? Please state clearly!

> I wish there were a simpler way to bridge our differences, but if you
> choose to think of me as a stupid American, I suppose I don't have much
> recourse.

I also have a wish to bridge our differences and that's why I often try to make
my side clearer.
I do NOT think of you as stupid American but I think Mr. Bush is doing so. When
I post to TheChat, I mostly aim all friends here.

Joe, I think you are an intelligent man and I believe you'll soon understand my
point of view.

Syed Zeeshan Haider.
http://syedzeeshanhaider.faithweb.com/