[thechat] US Elections

Hugh Blair hblair at hotfootmail.com
Thu Nov 7 21:57:24 CST 2002

> > Or neutral. Of course it's a choice. But don't harbor, condone or
> > support terrorism and then want to be neutral or left
> alone, and think
> > that there won't be consequences. That doesn't work.
>
> Oh Hugh.
>
> Let's examine the actions of the single country that has done
> most to support and encourage acts of terrorism over the last
> 50 years, shall we? Remember, this nation has poured more
> money into financing terrorists than any other nation or
> organisation in recorded history.

<snippage>

> I like America. Actually, I really like America. I hope to
> settle in California someday in the not too-distant future.
>
> It's just that I totally despise American politics, and the
> apparent lack of interest displayed by American citizens in
> their country's actions outside its own borders.

Can you point to any post I made where I agreed with what you
describe as "despise[d] American politics"? Nope? I was only
commenting on the issue of taking sides - or not. Of being
with (whoever) us or being against us.

And if you *do* settle in California, you can still not like
the politics around you. Heck, even I don't like the politics
that almost had Berkely outlawing any coffee not grown in
the proper politically-correct method. You know them folks
out there: take out the fruits and the nuts and you still have
the flakes. (that was a small joke).

Nobody will keep you from having your own views. At least not
in *this* country where freedom of expression is allowed.

Enough of this thread....

Hugh