[thechat] Bowling tips

David Wagner dave at worlddomination.net
Mon Nov 11 00:38:01 CST 2002

Madhu (foolishly) asked:

> Now I hate losing. Could you American mates give me some pointers on how
> get good scores in bowling? For reference, I have a relatively small hand
> with relatively fatter fingers, and I usually use a size 11 bowling ball.

1. Get in the mood. Drink some cheap beer and watch "The Big Lebowski".
Don't worry if you don't get it -- I'm sure the humor isn't terribly
universal -- but it will put you into the right mindset. And personally, I
rank it somewhere in the top 5 funniest movies of all time.

2. Visit the US Midwest, if at all possible. There's something in the air
that increases bowling prowess.

3. Drink more cheap beer throughout the process. This seems to help some
people bowl better. I find that it simply dulls the pain of losing.

4. Don't take it seriously, whatever you do. Some people will try to tell
you that bowling is a sport; I find it to be an entertaining pastime that
one can, after a time, become skilled at. If you relax and enjoy the
process, you'll probably do okay.

I know this isn't the advice you're looking for -- but it's the best I can
offer. Good luck! :)

--

David Wagner
dave at worlddomination.net