[thechat] Surrey

Andy Warwick mailing.lists at creed.co.uk
Wed Nov 20 04:10:00 CST 2002

On Wednesday, November 20, 2002, at 09:30 AM, Martin Burns wrote:

> The chances of being able to get from London to the Glenfinnan viaduct
> in
> daylight are also pretty slim...

Reminds me of the classic line in Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves, when
Kevin Costner comes ashore at the white cliffs of Dover and says
something like "We shall be in my father's house before nightfall"
(meaning Nottingham, about 180 miles away), and then -- from intercut
scenes -- appears to go via Hadrian's Wall, another 200 miles north of
Nottingham, for a total round trip of 580 miles. And, IIRC, they are on
foot.

And Nottingham Castle isn't any castle I recognise...

--
Andy Warwick

Creed New Media Design, Nottingham, UK
[t] +44 (0)115 8476867