[thechat] The Sociology of Fanaticism

John Handelaar john at userfrenzy.com
Thu Nov 21 09:35:05 CST 2002

On Wed, 2002-11-20 at 18:49, Ken Kogler wrote:
> I'm doing a 15 minute presentation titled "The Sociology of Fanaticism"
> next week for a class I'm in... I've got plently of info on causes,
> effects, etc, but what I don't have is examples.

I remember when I was running a college newspaper
we had story in from Leeds about a student who
*beat his flatmate to death with a golf club* for
taking the piss out of Michael Flatley.

Which, I admit, may be more a story of severe mental
illness than what you're looking for...

John Handelaar

T +44 20 7209 4117       M +44 7930 681789
F +44 870 169 7657   E john at userfrenzy.com