[thechat] Who will be the next James Bond

Seb seb at members.evolt.org
Sat Nov 23 10:51:01 CST 2002

At 16:24 23/11/2002, you wrote:
>Madhu Menon wrote:
> > http://uk.geocities.com/thenext007uk/contenders.html
> >
> > Here's a list of contenders. Your favourite?
>
>Out of all of them, I'd say Clive Owen - and definitely not Robbie Williams
>... how the hell am I supposed to relate to a Bond who's being played by
>someone only a month and a half older than me ...

Out of that lot, my money's on Colin Farrell ... though most actors on that
list are a bit young. I'd actually really like to see George Clooney take
on the role. He's possibly one of the only actors capable of portrying the
new, darker James Bond.

Did I say new, darker Bond? Well, I saw Die Another Day last night, and
man, it's bloody fantastic. I mean, the car chase on ice is shot extremely
well, and the special fx actually had me asking "how the hell" for the
first time in ages.

Watch out for the references to previous Bond movies. There are a *lot* of
them, especially where John Cleese is involved.

I'm actually considering going to see this one again, and Goldeneye is the
only Bond film I've wanted to see twice so far. In terms of sheer
entertainment (not to mention Halle Berry) it's in the top 3 Bond movies.

(Obviously, Goldeneye and Live and Let Die being the other 2.)

- seb

seb potter - seb at poked.org
http://poked.org - it's what you value