[thechat] Who will be the next James Bond

Madhu Menon webguru at vsnl.net
Sat Nov 23 23:50:01 CST 2002

At 02:14 AM 24-11-02, Martin Burns wrote:
>Too old. Clive could have done it 10 years ago, but not now. You can't
>start being Bond in your 40s.

Didn't stop three others from doing it.

Timothy Dalton - 41
Roger Moore - 47
Pierce Brosnan - 42

Clive's still 37 (though he *will* be in his early 40s if he gets picked;
Brosnan has another movie signed.)

>Ah, but (a) Rupert can do menace extremely well

Oh, I agree he's a versatile actor, and he can even pull off convincing
"straight" roles. If, however, he makes Bond, the press will probably talk
a lot about his being gay (so the 5 people who don't know it yet will), and
somehow it's hard to look at a guy romancing the ladies and bedding them
and *knowing* that he doesn't do that a lot. ;)

>Robbie Williams would be in a good tradition of cameo Bond baddies,
>though.

Agreed. Imagine Robbie saying, "No Mr. Bond, I expect you to die" ;)

Cheers,

Madhu
(you were kidding about Hugh Grant, right?)

Madhu Menon
Internet User Experience Consultant
e-mail: webguru at vsnl.net   |   Yahoo messenger: cold_logic

Content * Interfaces * Usability * Net Strategy