[thechat] Who will be the next James Bond

Madhu Menon webguru at vsnl.net
Sun Nov 24 22:32:00 CST 2002

At 03:44 AM 25-11-02, Paul Cowan wrote:
>Or, indeed, an Indian?

They offered me the part, but I had to decline because of other contractual
obligations.

Look at the roles played by Indians in Hollywood movies, and you'll see
that my skin colour won't get me far. I'll have to resign myself to playing
grocery shop owners and taxi drivers in New York with terrible accents (Die
Hank Azaria!) or as an extra. True, there are some Indian cab drivers in
USA, but most of the Indians in the country are pretty well-off.

Heck, the only time they had a somewhat senior Indian officer in Star Trek
(Lt. Cdr. Singh), they killed him off in the episode. :((

(Anyone remember Kabir Bedi from Octopussy? Now he's a charming fella with
a good voice, but a trifle too old.)

Regards,

Madhu

Madhu Menon
Internet User Experience Consultant
e-mail: webguru at vsnl.net   |   Yahoo messenger: cold_logic

Content * Interfaces * Usability * Net Strategy