[thechat] santa question - quickie

David Wagner dave at worlddomination.net
Mon Nov 25 16:22:01 CST 2002

> >In the UK?  It's a Santa Hat.
> While in the US, we call it "Nigel."

Mine's called "Ralph", as are most inanimate objects (except, of course, for
those special ones called "Larry").

No, Javier, we all call them Santa Hats. As a matter of fact, around here,
people tend to refer to any soft, pointy hat with a ball on top a Santa Hat,
regardless of color, fur trim, appropriate holiday cheer, obesity of wearer,

But that's just us lazy folks in the Northwest US. Or maybe just Eugene.

In other parts of the US, I know they refer to them, instead, as "Santa
Caps", but I've never really understood the difference between a "hat" and a
"cap". (Though "The Cat in the Hat" sounds much better.)


David Wagner
dave at worlddomination.net

More information about the thechat mailing list