[thechat] The youth today... [WAS: santa question - quickie]

Drew Shiel ashiel at sportsinteraction.com
Wed Nov 27 07:21:01 CST 2002

At 00:13 28/11/2002 +1100, Lachlan Cannon wrote:
>Drew Shiel wrote:
>>   Given that it's impossible to completely make safe a normal household
>>environment, what do you suggest instead of a slap for this purpose?
>

>Make sure your house is safe before you have the kids?

   Short of removing all the furniture and covering the electrical outlets,
is this possible?

>Make sure someone
>is always keeping an eye out for them?

   Is that possible either? I know that even though my mother was a
full-time at-home mother, she still had to take an eye off us occasionally
to answer the door or the phone, or to attend to housework. What you're
recommending here seems to be that someone be there 100% of the time, just
to child-mind?

   I see your point, but I don't think that what you're saying can actually
be done.

   Drew.

Drew Shiel                               webmaster at swiftpay.com
                                                     +353-1-2365705