[thechat] barbie

Joe Crawford joe at artlung.com
Wed Nov 27 11:48:01 CST 2002

more very funny stuff from "the story about the baby":
http://www.ironycentral.com/babyvol43.html

"Daddys Getting Into Barbie

Thinking about Barbie filled me with an instant and overwhelming
compulsion to go to the Barbie web site (Make sure your monitor can
display the color pink. http://www.barbie.com). Once there, I learned two
things.

The first thing I learned was that, to enjoy the Barbie web site, I had to
seek out and install new software. Barbies head and upper torso actually
popped up to tell me this. Barbie also suggested that I get my parents
help, though, in my experience, asking my parents to track down, download,
install and configure Shockwave would make their heads implode.

So now I know that Mattel is right. Barbie really is a good learning
influence on young girls. For example, today, Barbie tried to force me to
learn how to reconfigure my web browser. "

sidenote: Yeah, I know barbie has a blog now.
http://www.myscene.com/barbie/barbie_index.asp