[thechat] Happy Thanksgiving...

William Anderson neuro at well.com
Thu Nov 28 05:13:01 CST 2002

Martin Burns wrote:
> ...for those who are giving thanks today/this weekend.
>
> In other news, some of us will be drinking whisky and eating haggis this
> weekend in memory of St Andrew.

I have a huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge feck-off haggis in the fridge waiting to be
boiled to oblivion and back, and I shall be picking up some fresh tatties
tomorrow evening ... no neeps tho - turnips, swedes and parsnips all give me
the boak.

I may be toasting with non-native spirits though, as the only thing I have
in the house resembling whisky is a bottle of Jameson's, and a bottle of
Jack Daniels.  So nothing like whisky then :)  However, I have a couple of
cans of Tennents left - a guid Scottish lager, which I hear is these days a
clone of, or has been cloned as, Carling Black Label - allegedly :)

--
_ __/|   ___  ___ __ _________ "When Microsoft Office is your only hammer,
\`O_o'  / _ \/ -_) // / __/ _ \ pretty much everything begins to look like