[thechat] Playstation 2 Help

Ashok Hariharan Ashok at MagicalKenya.com
Mon Dec 2 10:25:00 CST 2002

A friend of mine has bought a new playstation 2 from spain.
The games are really expensive so he has bought a load of
"manafactured in taiwan" games.

Unfortunately :
     1) the DVD player on it is region locked.
     2) he is unable to play the "taiwanese" games.

There are some people selling mod-chips for the PS2 here
which they will claim will solve the above 2 problems.

I spoke to some people who had bought mod-chips to solve
the above 2 problems -- sadly all of them had various problems
ranging from "my ps2 died", "my dvd player stopped working but
now i can play those made-in-china games" and vice-versa....

Is there a bullet-proof mod-chip available (is mod-chipping worth
the effort anyway...?)

If so, can someone recommend a good mod-chip brand ?

grateful for any help ---
ashok