[thechat] US -v- Euro standards of service

Erika Meyer emeyer at lclark.edu
Wed Dec 4 12:17:01 CST 2002

AAARGHHH!!!!

Did you see Office Space?  Of course you did.  Remember the waitress
and her "flair"?

If you don't want to be bullshitted with fake happy TV talk don't go
to those big corporate America restaurants.  Go to the little dive on
the corner instead.  Joe's brewery.  Dot's house of hamburgers.

Here in Portland, most servers are competent but generally
disinterested.  And that's perfectly fine with me.  And retail...
well, yuck.

I worked in a mall for a year.  ew.  I worked at Dennys for three
months.  At Denny's we had to wear this horrible shirt and tie... the
food sucked... every move was monitored by corporate spys... f' that.
Eat there, and you deserve your fate.

have a nice day,