[thechat] evoltspotting (of a sort)

Martin Burns martin at easyweb.co.uk
Fri Dec 6 08:45:01 CST 2002

On Fri, 6 Dec 2002, javier velasco wrote:

> nice!
>
> now i'm just curious: how did you find out about it? (i don't see any
> "what this means" or "about" link on the site) - or is "userati" a
> standard term that i hadn't known of?

Rude found it linked from the glasshaus blog.

"userati" derives from "literati" - a community of literary people.
Similarly, see http://www.cliterati.co.uk (NOT AT ALL suitable for work
viewing!) run by John's missus.

I had the same questions about how the listing was derived so did a lot of
clicking through on the links until I came up with a hypothesis.

Cheers
Martin