[thechat] Employee Share Purchase - opinions..?

deke web at master.gen.in.us
Tue Dec 10 20:12:01 CST 2002

On 10 Dec 2002 at 15:23, Martin Burns posted a message which said:

> So now I'm an employee of a company which doesn't have egregious share
> ownership rules, and I'm being offered discounted IBM shares.

> Anyone got any opinions on whether this is worthwhile?

People start putting money into investments when they are in their 40s.
They start withdrawing money in their 60s. When there are more people
investing than cashing in, the market goes up. When there are more
people cashing in than investing, the market goes down.

Based on the birthrate and the projected death rate, it won't be a good
idea to invest heavily for another fifteen years. Sorry. Looks like you
picked a poor year to be born.

deke

--
If I have seen farther than others, it is by stepping on the toes of
giants