[thechat] Slendertone

Luther, Ron Ron.Luther at hp.com
Thu Dec 12 07:13:01 CST 2002

Hi Chris,

These kind of things?

http://www.a1exercise.co.uk/start.htm

(Graphics #1 and #3, (numbering LTR), just above the shopping basket link)

This other site seems to think they are called EMS (Electric Muscle
Stimulators):
http://www.electronicmusclestimulation.co.uk/start.htm ... and offers
about 7 different ones for sale.

However, 'Go Ask Alice', doesn't much care for these buggers:
http://www.goaskalice.columbia.edu/2174.html

These folks don't think much about them either:
http://www.niaonline.com/NiaLD/NewDesign/homepage_channel/homepage_article/1,2011,2166,00.html

Sorry Chris, thinking seems to be that these are good devices for physical
therapy or in recovering from certain kinds of injury --- as opposed to a
effective way to lose weight or build muscle mass.

HTH,

RonL.
(I'm VERY glad my chiro has heavy duty electro-stim muscle devices ... they
have helped me considerably in reducing back pain from injuries.  However,
I'm gonna keep working out ... I think that's a better path to losing weight
and increasing "tone".)