[thechat] Arabic Culture Questions

Syed Zeeshan Haider szh at softhome.net
Thu Dec 12 15:31:01 CST 2002

From: "Erik Mattheis"
To: <thechat at lists.evolt.org>
Sent: December 12, 2002, Thursday 8:49 AM
Subject: Re: [thechat] Arabic Culture Questions

> Note that "Arabic" and "Islamic" are two different things: one refers
> to a language and a geographic region, the other a religion.

Thanks for clarification.
I have been in two different Arab countries. There are many Arab traditions and
customs which are not practiced in other (non-Arab) Muslim areas of the world
(like Pakistan where I live).

Islamic culture is a set of customs and traditions which are practiced by most
of the Muslims without any regard of their geographic boundaries.
Arabic culture belongs to Arabs and it is common in most of the Arabs without
any regard of religion.

Syed Zeeshan Haider.
http://syedzeeshanhaider.faithweb.com/