[thechat] GOLD

Erika Meyer emeyer at lclark.edu
Mon Dec 16 13:22:01 CST 2002

apparently I was completely wrong... according to hobo.com:
http://www.hobo.com/what_is.htm

A hobo is a travelling worker.  btw it is a bit of an old quaint term.

Okay, what I meant to say, is "panhandling is what bums do."

"hallalujah I'm a bum! hallaluja bum again!  hallaluja give us a
handout to revive us again!"

hobo.com says a bum is not a traveller, which I'd agree with... and a
lot of panhandlers *are* in fact travellers, though not all..
anyway...

a panhandler stands on the corner and says, "can you spare a quarter?"

that's panhandling... on the west coast USA...

Erika