[thechat] Muslims FAQ

Syed Zeeshan Haider szh at softhome.net
Tue Dec 17 07:47:00 CST 2002

From: "Ashok Hariharan" <Ashok at MagicalKenya.com>
To: <thechat at lists.evolt.org>
Sent: December 17, 2002, Tuesday 2:36 PM
Subject: Re: [thechat] Muslims FAQ

> Syed:
>
> Personally, I think you spend too much time worrying about what people
> think
> about you/your religion/your country/etc.

Yes I do, but not too much time. I spend my time reading physics, practicing
mathematics, practicing programming, reading Urdu and English literature, trying
to write Urdu literature by my own, trying to program applications, trying to be
a web developer, reading news and articles on internet, replying to TheChat
messages and thinking on *different* topics.
I have observed on internet that most non-Muslims are in serious problems and
misunderstandings about Islam. Many web sites are dedicated to the propaganda
against Islam and Pakistan. Being a Muslim and Pakistani, it is not tolerable
for me.
I like to show the people real pictures of Islam and Pakistan. When I tell
people about Islam, I do Jihad. Yes, it's also Jihad. For most non-Muslims,
Jihad is an Islamic name of armed campaign against non-believers. But such
campaign is the most extreme type of Jihad which is only applicable when a
non-Muslim nation attacks or shows aggression against a Muslim nation.
Jihad is a struggle for the religion of Islam. It has many types according to
the situations. Telling people about Islam is also Jihad and it's also an
obligation on every Muslim. It's the best way of Jihad in peace.
I think you will agree that I have never criticized any religion. I just tell
about Islam.

> what are you worried about?  whatever happens, its a statistical fact that,
> theres
> always  gonna be somebody who doesnt like you/your religion/your country
> etc.

I am worried about wrong perceptions about Islam and Pakistan. I am worried
about that international propaganda which is going on against Islam and
Pakistan. I don't say you have to love my religion but I say don't criticize
(referring to propaganda) Islam and Pakistan just because you don't like them.
(The pronoun "you" is NOT indicating to Ashok. Here "you" can be anybody who
dislikes Islam or Pakistan.)
My religious duty is just to tell people about Islam. It is their problem if
they agree or not.

As a matter of fact I like cool religious and political discussions. As
indicated by somebody here earlier, pure science (computer or any other) is
off-topic for my buddies who come here to relax.

Thanks!
Syed Zeeshan Haider.
http://syedzeeshanhaider.faithweb.com/