[thechat] Religion

javier velasco lists at mantruc.com
Tue Dec 17 11:49:01 CST 2002

I'm working on the rebuild of my website, and want to include a quotes
section. I found this one from Albert Einstein, which also reminds me of
rudy's 3 rules ;)

"A man's ethical behavior should be based effectually on sympathy,
education, and social ties; no religious basis is necessary. Man would
indeeded be in a poor way if he had to be restrained by fear of
punishment and hope of reward after death."

This is also compatible with Dr. Maturana's definition of Ethics vs
Morality, he said:
- Moral behavior happens when you follow a certain set of moral rules.
- Ethical behavior happens when you put yourself in the other person's
place.