[thechat] Islam

Erika Meyer emeyer at lclark.edu
Wed Dec 18 13:29:00 CST 2002

Syed wrote:
>>  These are monotheistic religions based on writing rather than orality
>>  or image...
>
>Islam doesn't consider Judaism and Christianity monotheistic
>religions in a >true sense.

really? I'd like to hear more about that...

I know some protestants who are grumpy about catholics w/ their
saints & virgins... but what is Islam's explanation?

(on MHO that male is empowered over female)
>I disagree! I think an indepth study will change your opinion about Islam.

well perhaps.  like I say, the ideal often differs from the real...

>"Your religion teaches
>you the respect for other religions. What are you doing?"

FWIW all the Muslims I have known (granted they have been in the
minority in my circle) have always shown respect for other religions.
(unlike most of the evangelical Christians I've known...)

Erika