[thechat] Muslims FAQ

Erika Meyer erika at seastorm.com
Wed Dec 18 14:08:08 CST 2002

Not to quibble as I really don't understand the nuances of this
discussion but PBS is partially sponsored by American taxpayers...
less and less.

PBS stations are dependent on individual contributions and shows are
largely underwritten by corporate donors...(you can research the
percentages) and I am not sure truly "objective" reporting is
possible in the real world --- but that's a conceptual discussion.

Anyway PBS usually shows meatier shows than the status quo.  The
station here in Portland really seems to cater to the baby-boomer
audience, FWIW.  Well, we can all enjoy the Fleetwood Mac and Peter
Paul and Mary concerts...

Anyway, it's got the best children's programming and that's nothing
to sneeze at... unfortunately though "Barney" still plays a major
role...

Erika