[thechat] Islam

Syed Zeeshan Haider szh at softhome.net
Wed Dec 18 15:33:01 CST 2002

From: "Erika Meyer"
To: <thechat at lists.evolt.org>
Sent: December 19, 2002, Thursday 12:28 AM
Subject: Re: [thechat] Islam

> >Islam doesn't consider Judaism and Christianity monotheistic
> >religions in a >true sense.
>
> really? I'd like to hear more about that...
>
> I know some protestants who are grumpy about catholics w/ their
> saints & virgins... but what is Islam's explanation?

The Islamic ideology of monotheism is described in 112 th Surah (chapter) of
Quran. Here I copy the translation:

Surah 112. The Unity, Sincerity, Oneness Of Allah

1. Say: He is Allah, the One and Only;

2. Allah, the Eternal, Absolute;

3. He begetteth not, nor is He begotten;

4. And there is none like unto Him.

This Surah tells us that Allah neither have any offspring (son) nor he is. Any
religion which believe in offspring of Allah (God) can't be monotheistic.
Islamic ideology of monotheism is called "Tauheed", The Oneness (of Allah).
More information can be found on those links which I posted for William. Quran's
English translation is the best reference for this purpose. If you have
Microsoft Reader (http://www.microsoft.com/reader) installed on your computer
than I can send you a free eBook (*.lit format) of English translation of Quran.
(This eBook is free from publisher and can be distributed free.)

> >I disagree! I think an indepth study will change your opinion about Islam.
>
> well perhaps.  like I say, the ideal often differs from the real...

The title of fourth chapter of Quran is "Women". It's worth to study it.
However, it's right that in many Muslim countries, women are not treated in an
Islamic way.

Syed Zeeshan Haider.
http://syedzeeshanhaider.faithweb.com/