[thechat] Re: thechat Muslims FAQ

deke web at master.gen.in.us
Thu Dec 19 14:26:01 CST 2002

On 19 Dec 2002 at 8:33, irina kruk posted a message which said:

> Once you learn the meaning of these words,the
> difference between them, and most of all, once you
> learn to address specifically  the issue at hand, we
> will continue this conversation. Until then, take
> care.

I took that paragraph to Babelfish.AltaVista.Com and it
came back with

"I choose to use weasel words to express my opinions
because it makes it possible for me to resort to ad
hominem rather than have to defend them on the merits.
How dare you doubt my superior intellect? If you do not
mindlessly adopt my bigoted attitudes, you must have
close consanguinity to canines, and the only reason I
haven't said that is because I don't know how to spell
consanguinity, but if you keep up this impertinent attitude
of yours, I will figure out an alternative way to insult your
mother."

Of course, Babelfish is only a mechanical translation, but
I've found it to be quite accurate on occasion.

deke
--
If I have seen farther than others, it is by stepping on the toes of
giants