[thechat] Project for the New American Century

David Wagner dave at worlddomination.net
Thu Dec 19 18:32:01 CST 2002

isaac wrote:
> I found this very interesting (and entirely believable).
>
> I'm interested to know what people think, and if others think this is
what's
> happening, is there any way it can be stopped?
>
> [article snipped]

Here are my gut reactions while reading this article:
1) Yes, it seems quite plausible. It's more plausible than anything that my
standard news channels feed me every day. It's what, deep down, I believe to
be true, at least to some extent.
2) I don't want to think about it; it makes me sick. We're being manipulated
on a massive scale by megalomaniacal warlords with criminal minds. I want to
ignore it.

Obviously, reaction #2 is the problem. I know that I'm not alone in feeling
that way. In fact, it may very well be the quiet reaction of a majority of
US citizens. It's so hard to tell.

My rage, however, continues to build. I have fantasies of marching through
the streets, by myself if necessary, screaming for peace and justice. The
likely outcome of this is that I would be locked up -- but the alternative
is to be drafted.

The fact is, I don't even know if I can avoid being manipulated and *used*
by the powers that have already fooled so many of us, no matter what role I
take on. It makes me feel so dirty.

Okay, enough paranoid ranting.

--

David Wagner