[thechat] Project for the New American Century

Andrew Forsberg - pander andrew at thepander.co.nz
Thu Dec 19 22:53:01 CST 2002

> > Project for the New American Century appears to be legit:
> > http://www.newamericancentury.org
>
> Without even looking at the website, I see it is owned by The Weekly
> Standard, a right-wing conservative policital magazine.  And now looking
at
> the website ... *splutter* it wants to promote that "American leadership
is
> good both for America and for the world"?!  Quick, someone's resurrected
> Reagan!!  Batten down the hatches!!

Crap, they even remembered to put this country on the map -- right next to
'global issues'. Ugh!

Quite happy to remain nuclear free thank you very much (I'm guessing that's
why New Zealand's by 'global issues', either that or the bloody america's
cup). Oh, and the states can keep its leadership, we have plenty problems
enough with our own, but at least we can vote for/against it. :)

Ta!