[thechat] From science and computers, a new face of Jesus

Luther, Ron Ron.Luther at hp.com
Tue Dec 31 08:19:00 CST 2002

Hi Syed,

Don't know if I count ... I used to practice ... even turned pro for a
while ... but now I'm retired ...

I'll have to agree with Madhu ... the point was, after all, to sell more magazines.  ;-)

Sorry Dude, I just don't see it as a big deal.

<"Ho Hum">
Gee.  So we now have scientific evidence that European artists from the
Middle Ages, (who probably didn't travel a whole hell of a lot), took
'liberties' in their artistic endeavors and drew a Jesus that looked
more like themselves {or [more to the point since religious art was
most likely a 'buyers market'] more like their paying patrons ... or
their paying patron's idea of what a God should look like} than he
probably did?

Scandalous.
</ "Ho Hum">

<TROLL TYPE="OBVIOUS">
Hey man, at least it's a religious tradition that allows the
contemplation of what one's God may look like!
</TROLL>

<Troll 2>
Oooooooo ... and on that note ... Which religion has the best looking
God?  Could it be .... Durga? Kali? Shiva? Loo-wit? Rhiannon? Ishtar?
Brigit? Danu? Cybele?  Someone else?

Who's the 'goddess' of Goddesses?

Vote early ... vote often!
</Troll 2>

;-)

Have a wonderful New Year!

RonL.
(I was doing volunteer work as a docent at the zoo once, when another
docent {who I later found out was a Roman Catholic priest} came over,
pulled up a chair, and asked me if I believed in God.

I thought for a second before answering;
"Yes Sir!  I most certainly do.
And let me tell you this ... <pause />
SHE is a KNOCKOUT! Woooot!"

I left the room while he sat speechless with his mouth hanging open.)