[thechat] suggestion ...

William Anderson neuro at well.com
Wed Jan 1 15:53:01 CST 2003

can we change the list name to thesyed?  that's the last five threads
initiated by Syed, with an interestingly high proportion being tagged as
flamebait and trollfeed.

Where is the happy-go-lucky thechat that I once knew?  Where has the once
innocent laughter gone?  Where are the anthems of our youth?  What happened
to lists that meant something?  w3c-http-ng at w3.org ... Geoff Goodfellow's
NETWORK-HACKERS list from Arpanet days ... Where is the "Misty Mountain",
where is the "Smoke on the Water", where is the "Iron Man" of today?  Look
at this ... most of these lists are like well designed bottles of bleach.
It's ... beer and lifestyle mailing lists.

(With apologies to Cameron Crowe)

--
_ __/|   ___  ___ __ _________ "When Microsoft Office is your only hammer,
\`O_o'  / _ \/ -_) // / __/ _ \ pretty much everything begins to look like