[thechat] New Year's Resolution

William Anderson neuro at well.com
Thu Jan 2 17:58:01 CST 2003

aardvark wrote:
> > From: "rudy" <rudy937 at rogers.com>
> [...]
> > have you ever sneaked a peak (and a feel and a shake) of a christmas
> > present, on the night before?
> [...]
>
> just once...

twice here - I remember having to feign surprise upon receiving a Sinclair
ZX Spectrum +3 one year, and then a Sega Megadrive (I think the very next
year), after finding them both prior to Christmas ... and also opening up
the Megadrive and having a shot of Altered Beast too!  God, the adrenaline
rush of playing with your xmas pressies before you're supposed to!  I felt
totally totally guilty on Christmas Day tho!  Deservedly!

I think that doing that twice in a row kinda killed the incentive to go
hunting in consecutive years ... :)

--
_ __/|   ___  ___ __ _________ "When Microsoft Office is your only hammer,
\`O_o'  / _ \/ -_) // / __/ _ \ pretty much everything begins to look like