[thechat] New Year's Resolution

Martin Burns martin at easyweb.co.uk
Fri Jan 3 07:41:01 CST 2003

On Fri, 3 Jan 2003, Bob Davis wrote:

> At 4:09 PM +0000 1/2/03, Martin Burns wrote:
>
> I've seen it work on a lot of people though.  I don't think I could
> ever give up bread and pasta though.

I've found being without bread and pasta easier than being without cheese,
cream, steak, bacon, eggs - most of the good tasty stuff.

And the nice thing is that you don't feel hungry, which for most people
who've done diets before is fantastic.

The way to do it is to try it for 2 weeks and see how you feel.

> Did Lucy do the diet with you? I only ask since it seems that it's
> easier to do something as difficult as a diet change with your
> spouse/so/co-workers/whatever (the people you live with) than it is
> to do by yourself.

No, she didn't as she was still breastfeeding until a couple of weeks ago.
What made it easier, though, was working away 4 days/3 nights a week. It's
a *really* easy diet if you're eating in hotels & restaurants.

> (It's been a smoke free year as of yesterday)

yay! Go Bob!

Cheers
Martin