[thechat] Today is JRRT's eleventyfirst birthday

Quackamoe quackamoe at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 3 18:28:00 CST 2003

This doesn't seem to be showing up on the 6 o'clock
news so I thought I'd spread the word. January 3 is
Tolkien's 111th birthday. Fellowship of the Ring
starts out with Bilbo Baggins' 111th birthday party.
We're baking a cake and getting out all of our Tolkien
stuff to decorate. Then we'll be watching the extended
DVD. Again.

Y'see, this isn't a "once-in-a-lifetime" event, this
is
a "once" event. So, if any of JRRT's works have
brought
any enjoyment into your lives how about lifting one
for
the professor.

Terry