[thechat] sharks (was: rationality)

Madhu Menon webguru at vsnl.net
Sat Jan 4 23:58:00 CST 2003

At 11:37 PM 04-01-03, Seb wrote:
>watching a large number of sharks, a couple of rays, and an
>absolutely huge turtle swimming above our heads.

Shortly to be lunch for another shark. ;)

Many a shark attack is because they mistake humans for either seals with
the flippers we wear when diving, or turtles, which is what a dude flat on
a surfboard looks like from below.

Bees are responsible for the most deaths caused by animal attacks,
incidentally.

I also like watching most of the "Predators of the Wild" type shows on
Discovery. Last week, I saw a segment that talked about how a lion once
killed an elephant calf. The elephants, instead of taking revenge
immediately, waited till the lions and lionesses had left the den, and then
trampled all the cubs. Oooh... don't fuck with the elephants. Did you know
they can run at 40 kph?

Regards,

Madhu

Madhu Menon
Internet User Experience Consultant
e-mail: webguru at vsnl.net   |   Yahoo messenger: cold_logic

Content * Interfaces * Usability * Net Strategy