[thechat] sharks (was: rationality)

Luther, Ron Ron.Luther at hp.com
Mon Jan 6 07:35:00 CST 2003

Hi Seb,

Yeah - those parties can be fun!

I got to do a 'feed the sharks' program at the zoo once.  We opened the access
door and climbed the steps to get above the shark tank.  There was a small
narrow platform up there and absolutely no railing to prevent you from tumbling
into the tank. (Hey, it was Cleveland - what can I say?) Anyway, we would take
the small kids up there one at a time, have them reach into a bucket of thawed
squid and grab a few to toss into the shark tank and watch the sharks race around for them.

Of course, once we got the kids back down the steps I would tell them they
had to clean the squid juice off their hands.

<mimics wiping hands on shirt>

;-)

I'm sure their moms were thrilled!

RonL.
(Who's done volunteer work, bringing animals out at some of those parties.
I enjoyed those.)