[thechat] Photo corner

Luther, Ron Ron.Luther at hp.com
Mon Jan 6 11:01:01 CST 2003

Hi Martin,

Oddly enough I was just thinking about that!  (Great minds and all that
- no doubt ... ooops, sorry, don't want to start another 'synchronicity'
thread!)

;-)

Actually I was musing about the incongruity of lugging around a 12 ounce
camera and a 12 pound tripod.  I plan to do it. It just struck me as a
tad 'odd'.

Yeah - I'm covered.  I bought a middle range Bogen a dozen or so years ago.
At somewhere around $200 with a decent 'head', it was about the cheapest
"good" tripod you could get over here.

(I'll probably bring my camera manual as well - just to make sure I can
find that menu selection for bracketing 'white-balance'.)

RonL.
(A 'nice' tripod was one of my first purchases after joining the Cleveland
Photographic Society and being lectured on the 'evils' of my cheapie tripod.
[I set up my flimsy $40 Sears tripod next to a few of the nice ones the
long time members brought in ... the difference in quality and stability
was immediately obvious. Don't just get a tripod - get a decent one!] I
wanted one of those lightweight French jobbies - but *man* those were
expensive.  That British brand was nice, but I didn't expect to spend much
time setting up in swampy water ... and the action on that thing was a tad,
shall we say, 'eccentric'?)