[thechat] sharks (was: rationality)

Ben Dyer ben_dyer at imaginuity.com
Mon Jan 6 15:27:01 CST 2003

At 02:44 PM 1/6/2003, you wrote:
>Plunkett, Matt wrote:
> > *squashes minmay with a zentraidi battle pod*
>
>zentraedi, shurely ... i really should watch a lot more of that show - I
>didn't realise, but amazon.co.uk have all four eps of Macross Plus and the
>Movie all in one DVD set for 19 quid

You really only need one or the other (unless you're a huge fan), the movie
is just the four episode OAV repurposed to movie length.  Only one or two
new scenes if I remember...

I caught the first episode of Macross Zero yesterday (actually, maybe it's
an OAV, too)...absolutely gorgeous.  An almost perfect mix of CG and cel
animation.

>  - I just got the DVDs of Princess Mononoke

An excellent movie.  Everyone thought this would be the movie that
catapulted anime into mainstream...then they thought Spirited Away...maybe
the Cowboy Bebop movie in April??

>and Metropolis (the Rintaro/Katsuhiro Otomo anime adaptation of
>Osamu Tezuka's manga adaptation of Fritz Lang's cinema classic!)

An okay movie.  Looks beautiful to be sure, but something was
missing...alas, probably Osamu Tezuka himself...

>delivered this morning, so my anime purchase meter is kinda depleted right
>now :(

I completely understand.  I'm about to be bankrupt with new preorders:
Noir, .hack//SIGN, RahXephon and Mahoromatic all being released R1 in
Q1...Noir on preorder, .hack is next...plus keeping up with Kare Kano, GTO,
Excel Saga...

Eep.

--Ben