[thechat] 2nd hard drive - jumper switches question

Shirley Kaiser, SKDesigns (laptop) skaiser1 at skdesigns.com
Tue Jan 7 02:21:00 CST 2003

At 12:04 AM 1/7/2003, you typed:
>Shirley Kaiser, SKDesigns (laptop) wrote:
> > [snip]
> > And thanks for the URL in your last
> > note, too! I just checked the packing slip, and mine is the WD200JB, so
> > your URL gave me the quick jump to find that one's jumper settings.
> > <http://support.wdc.com/techinfo/general/jumpers.asp>
>
>Ahhh cool, the JB drives simply rawk

Ah, terrific to hear!

>  - the jumper settings between the BB
>and JB models are identical tho - the only real difference between the two
>products are the extra 6 meg of onboard cache.

OK. Well, good. I'd read that this was a good one, too, which is why I
chose it. So it's good to hear your comments.

> > So I'm making some good forward steps here, thanks to you two.
> >
> > The Wendy's #6 won't go out of my head, though.... ;-)
>
>It hasn't out of mine (see previous post!)

I'll be over to the UK sometime during 2004... probably late spring or
summer, but maybe fall, so you just never know... I could actually follow
through on my offer. ;-)

> > Thanks! I may actually pull this off without blowing up my computer....
> > I really appreciate your help. I owe you a Wendy's or a beer or
> > something.... :-)
>
>If anyone fancies sending me a Wendy's that will still be warm after the
>transatlantic hop, feel free - else you may want to put forward a proposal
>for some UK franchises :)

Well, I'm looking forward to transatlantic hopping myself next year. I
haven't been to the UK before, and I have ancestors from there that go way
back. I have other ancestors from Austria and Germany, and I've explored
those areas... although I want to go back there, too. But I really want to
get to the UK. That's at the top of my list for my upcoming trip...

Besides, those munchies sound really good. :-)  Part of the fun of
traveling is all the regional food, and I plan it to avoid tourist spots
and go to places that locals go.... much more interesting, IMO.

Thanks again. We'll see where I get with these jumper settings. Looks
simple enough. :-)

Warmly,
Shirley
Shirley E. Kaiser, M.A.,  SKDesigns  mailto:skaiser1 at skdesigns.com