[thechat] Weeeeeeee

Roger Austin raustin3 at nc.rr.com
Wed Jan 8 19:49:01 CST 2003

  Actually, I got the disease from one of the other people in the
meetings who was from Mississippi. He said he had a sinus infection.
Most of the people in the meetings came down with it. I now get annual
flu shots and haven't had the flu since. I still regret not being able
to play in the snow. We had a major ice storm here last month which
paralyzed our world for a while. Power was out for many people for a
week. They are still carting off all kinds of limbs and debris a month
later. It was not fun to play in that. We have gas logs in the fireplace
which was our only source for heat for a couple of days. Photos at
http://home.nc.rr.com/rogernileen/roger/2002-12-05-ice-storm/

  I do believe it is easy to pass around germs on a plane. Especially
the incredibly tight fit with the current airlines. Our last trip to
Seattle was so unpleasant that my sweetheart wants to drive everywhere
now. Plus, the 9/11 thing scared the piss out of her and it will be a
cold day in hell before she flies again. It is a 3,000 mile trip to the
West coast from North Carolina so it will be a long, long time before we
make that trip in a car. There are plenty of things to do on the East
coast, but I would really like to cross the pond to Ireland and the UK
someday.