[thechat] minneapolis

Cory Preus cory_preus at cnt.com
Thu Jan 9 15:58:01 CST 2003

And I'm in Minneapolis as well. I've been lurking on thechat for a
while...haven't written at all...mostly shift deletes. Sorry about bruising
everyone's egos. ;)

Erika wrote:
> In the late 80's I lived in Midway, then Dinkytown, hungout in
> warehouses NE and downtown.  Went to school for a while at U of M.

*sigh* That was before the 350k townhomes that now are in the Warehouse
District. They really look like they belong in a gated community in
suburbia. I'm not knocking the 'burbs since it's where I grew up. I'm really
not particularly fond of the every-house-is-cookie-dough-beige. To each
their own.

My roomie had a lawyer who lived in the warehouse district some 30 odd years
ago. If my memory serves me correctly, his monthly bus pass was more
expensive than his rent. I gather his mortgage is more expensive than my
salary now. ;)